New this year… the conference has restructured to provide more in-depth 3 hour workshops instead of hour long sessions. The event will have three tracks: Fiction, Non-Fiction and Business of Writing in hopes that you will gain valuable insight into your craft. Each session will be 3 hours with a 10 minute break in the middle and will not only provide valuable information to help you improve your writing, but also provide interactive activities to practice and gain valuable feedback.
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration
8:30 am – 11:30 am Session 1 (3 focused workshops will be offered)
- Character Alchemization – Make them Live and Breathe - Connie Flynn
- Becoming a Content Marketing Writer - Drew Eastmead
- Writing is a team sport - from editors to critique groups, how to compile the right players to help you succeed- Jacob Shaver, Lori Beasley Bradley & Cody Wagner
11:30 am – 1:30 pm Networking lunch & Keynote Session: What No One Else Will Tell You About Publishing - Tom Leveen.
Also during lunch will be a special poetry performance by Wintana Yohannes, Jahnez Wong, and Daniela Acosta of Speak EZ Poetry
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm Session 2 (3 focused workshops will be offered)
- Writing the Contemporary Novel - Betty Webb
- Expand Your Research – Expand Your Writing - Rita Ackerman
- The Business of Writing - Kris Tualla